BENEFITS OF LEMON INFUSED WATER
Lemon infused water is one of the first detox recipes created and it may not taste amazing to all but it does grow on you over time. It is also important to note that this is not some magic potion one may drink in order to loose weight, like all other goals in life it takes hard work and perseverance for weight loss. In addition to weight loss there are many benefits of LW(lemon water). You can enjoy the drink hot or cold and this depends on what you prefer, it is generally not sweetened but you can add a teaspoon of honey as a sweetener. I must stress that having the drink without sweeteners is the best for your body.
With all that said there are a few things to note, whether water is infused with lemon or not it still boosts your metabolism. The LW helps to reduce bloating however you don’t want to overload on LW if you experience heart burn or acid reflux because of the citrus in lemon. The citric acid in lemon helps the body with digestion as well as reduces your appetite , helping you to feel full therefore reducing the amount of food you eat resulting in weight loss. There are studies that prove people who drink LW with a low calorie diet tend to loose more weight faster than others.
The best time to drink the LW is in the morning before you eat anything as this will rehydrate you and flush your digestive system. As stated before, LW is not a magic potion it will not help you reduce weight overnight and it must be balanced with a low calorie diet and exercise.
Here is a summarized list of the benefits of LW:
- As a rich source of vitamin C, lemon juice protects the body from Immune system deficiencies.
- Drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body.
- With its powerful antibacterial properties, lemon juice helps fight infections
- Acts as a detoxifying agent.
- Helps with maintaining digestive health.
- Along with vitamin C, lemons are also a rich source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium etc.
- Helps fight common cold
- Lemon water is also a popular remedy for many kinds of skin problems ranging from acne, rashes and wrinkles to dark spots.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps in quick weight loss as it promotes digestion and increases the metabolic rate.
- Lemon juice is also very effective at cleansing the liver as it promotes the liver to flush out toxins
- Lemon’s anti-inflammatory properties help in fighting respiratory tract infections, sore throat and inflammation of tonsils.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps keep the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes to the body.
- Drinking lemon juice with warm water also helps reduce joint and muscle pain.
- Lemon juice with warm water is also good for your dental health as it helps with toothache and prevents gingivitis.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps with digestion and hence, helps regulate natural bowel movement.